Wednesday, June 24, 2009

iPhone 3.0 Experience - Day 8

Image representing Apple as depicted in CrunchBaseImage via CrunchBase

I have had a little over a week of using the new OS for the iPhone and have found myself quite attached to some of the new features and forgetting others are there.

First and foremost, the cut, copy and paste addition has been huge. I have already found multiple instances of copying material from the web or text messages to pass along and share with others with little effort. Prior to 3.0 - this process involved retyping the content I needed to share.

I have also found myself relying on the "Search iPhone" feature that has been added. A few times I needed to quickly find information and I couldn't remember whether I had that info in my contacts, email or another location. The search feature saved me valuable time in quickly finding the info I needed.

I really thought I would have utilized the landscape keyboard more than I have, but I have found (personally) it is just as easy to type with the portrait keyboard as it is with the landscape. I believe that is primarily because I am so familiar and comfortable with typing that way on the iPhone now.

I also have under utilized the Voice Memo feature. I am sure one day I will find a relevant use for this.

A few items I neglected to mention last week that I have discovered and found useful are:
  • The ability to purchase TV shows, movies and books from iTunes. I completely forgot this wasn't available in 2.0.
  • Parental Controls - while this obviously serves me no purpose, I applaud Apple for placing this in the OS and giving parents a piece of mind when their children are using this device.
I will continue to keep you updated on my experience with the greatest device I have had the privilege of using.

JDS | CIO


Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments: