Better late than never, but here is my iPhone 5 review. I've spent approximately 3 weeks on the new iPhone 5 and it is one of the best mobile devices I've utilized.
Here are the main features that have been of benefit to me:
- The first thing I noticed in utilizing the device was the size and weight. The device is much thinner and lighter than previous iPhones. Because of this I really struggled in finding the right case for the device, as I didn't want to take away from sleek design.
- The camera is high quality. (I'm a bit biased on this as my previous iPhone had a scratched camera that forced me to use the reverse camera for all pics.) I like the feature of taking a picture within a video. That has come in handy already with my nephew.
- Siri was a nice upgrade for me. Since I had the original iPhone 4 and didn't move to the 4S, this was my first interaction with Siri. I have found her to be mostly useful, when she fully understands what I am saying. I mostly utilize this feature when in the car and trying to stay hands free.
- Maps was not as big of a deal as people made it out to be. I have yet to get lost or arrive late due to Apple's Maps taking me on a detour. I enjoy the turn-by-turn navigation with audio. This goes well with Siri.
- I have found that the audio jack on the bottom just takes some getting used to. I still can't figure out why Apple made this move.
- I'm not a fan of switching to the new Lightning cable. I'm still adjusting to my additional Apple devices needing an adapter, but that adjustment will come over time.
- I did notice the battery drains quicker than it should when on wi-fi. Because of this (and the nice addition of 4G/LTE) I don't turn on the wi-fi feature that often. 4G/LTE (at least to me) is just as fast as most wi-fi connections, thus I prefer my device to have more battery life than slightly faster internet access.
- I haven't found a great use for passbook yet. My only experience was using a United e boarding pass for a flight. Still not sold on this feature just yet, but that is mostly because of my lack of usage.