So what is new about the iPhone 4S?
- It has a faster processor than its brother the iPhone 4. It utilizes a similar processor found in the iPad. This means faster access to apps, better multi-tasking experiences and better end user experience with streaming content.
- The camera's resolution and sharpness have increased. With an 8 megapixel camera, it has an improved lens, shoots in 1080p, more light, faster time between pictures and much more. Big improvement.
- Apple incorporated a feature known as Siri, hoping it serves as a 'personal assistant' for customers. Siri isn't new, but rather a company Apple purchased over a year ago. Smart move incorporating that technology into this release.
- iOS5, which features the iCloud is set to release October 12. The biggest win here is the elimination of syncing devices. iCloud allows a user to update, sync, etc. all over a wireless connection.
- The iPhone 4S is available on Sprint now, as well as AT&T and Verizon. Although Samsung is threatening legal action around the technology that makes the iPhone more of a 'world market phone'.
I have yet to make a decision on upgrading to the 4S, I'm obviously most interested in the iOS upgrade in a week and testing out the iCloud functionality. Stay tuned for my thoughts on iCloud...