Image via WikipediaOur district is organizing a community wide Digital Citizenship Seminar for students, parents, teachers, administrators and community members. (If you are unaware of Digital Citizenship, please visit here before reading the rest of the post.)
Digital Citizenship covers nine different elements related to the appropriate and responsible behavior for technology use, including how we live our lives online. Those nine elements can be found here: http://www.digitalcitizenship.net/Nine_Elements.html
Some of the topics we are looking to cover include:
- Student Use of Technology / Online Behavior
- Parent Monitoring of a Web 2.0 Child
- Appropriate Teacher Interaction with Students Online
- Life after High School / College - How does that impact me?
- What skills should my (5th, 8th and 12th) grade student have in order to compete in a global society?
- What is Digital Citizenship? What are the 9 Elements?
What are you doing in your school district or community to educate others and raise awareness for Digital Citizenship? Is this a priority for your leaders? Please share your experiences.
JDS | CIO