Image via WikipediaThis question has to cross the mind of K-12 ed. tech leaders on a regular basis - if given the chance to design a 21st century learning environment, what exactly would that look like? I am going to offer a few of my insights, but please feel free to offer your own. I look forward to the sharing.
Here are some non-negotiable items that would be in my new school:
- Mobile Devices for all users (teachers and students)
- Learning Management System - enhances communication and collaboration between student/teacher and teacher/teacher
- Dense Wireless deployment
- Interactive components in ALL classrooms (projector, interactive white board, document camera, student response system, audio enhancement system)
- Open access to Web 2.0 collaborative tools
- Library would consist of e-books, research stations and interactive learning stations
- Professional Learning Communities for faculty/staff
- Ongoing staff training to ensure all faculty/staff are comfortable integrating technology into their daily curriculum.
JDS | CIO