Tuesday, March 2, 2010

CoSN

Quite possibly one of the best technology conferences I have attended - plain and simple. CoSN, Consortium of School Networking, is a leading education technology conference for K-12 IT leaders. You have the right people, at the same place at the same time.

While many national technology events cater to a wide range of K-12 users (and I think there is definitely a place for that), an event that is designed for IT leaders and decision makers is a must. The sessions were fantastic. Top notch speakers, authors and bloggers from across the country descended on Washington, DC for two days to share, communication and collaborate.

I will definitely make future plans to attend another CoSN event. I learned more from peers and the sessions I attended than most other conferences I have attended. The only negative comment I can make about the event is the lack of time participants had to interact with vendors. I heard a few comments from vendors that they were disappointed with that. From their perspective, it isn't often you get that high level of decision makers in once place, so you definitely want to maximize time with them.

If you are a K-12 IT leader for a school district, CIO, CTO, etc. check out CoSN and start making plans to attend their event next year. It will definitely be worth your time.

JDS | CIO
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments: