It was great networking time and to see how other school districts in the state of IL are integrating and utilizing technology in the classrooms. Below are a few of the highlights:
- A book I ordered today that will be at the top of my reading list: Disrupting Class: How Disruptive Innovation Will Change the Way the World Learns by Clayton Christensen .
- WallWisher - a new way to communicate. An online notice board maker that is safe and secure for students to communicate and collaborate with each other - and its free: http://www.wallwisher.com
- I've blogged about this before - but I figured it was worth another mention. WolframAlpha is a computational knowledge engine that is much more sophisticated than the traditional search engine. For a demo of WA, visit here.
- Audioboo.fm (iPhone / iPad app or on the web) - Audioboo is a mobile and web platform that enables users to record and upload audio for others to hear / view
- Khan Academy is a non-profit video based academic lesson repository. It currently has over 1,800 titles in primarily math and science. It has drawn the attention of national and world leaders - including Bill Gates and PBS. Check it out: http://www.khanacademy.org/
- Blabberize - Blabberize is a tool that allows students to take a photo and add their voice on top of it to create an authentic piece of work that captures their thoughts, ideas, etc. http://blabberize.com/
- Kidblog.org - Kid Blog is what it says it is - a safe and secure way for students to blog. It is primarily designed as a way for elementary and middle school teachers who want to provide an avenue to communicate and collaborate with their students, as well as foster that same relationship for students and others. http://kidblog.org/home.php